Advanced Technical Solutions, LLC. is looking for a full time professional at the terms and conditions as outlined below:
- Determine the company’s system needs and install network hardware and software.
- Make needed upgrades and repairs to networks and ensure that systems are operating correctly.
- Evaluate and optimize network or system performance.
- Add users to a network, and assign and update security permissions on the network.
- Train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Interpret and solve problems when a user or an automated monitoring system alerts them that a problem exists.
- Maintain network and computer system security.
- Assist in the design, planning, and implementation of network systems which includes installations, migrations, and upgrades of existing systems including patch management.
- Communicate with staff and vendors to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve network-related problems.
- Administer technical support for computer systems, telecommunications, and video teleconferencing systems.
- Prioritize workload to efficiently support operations.
- Ensure backup systems are in place and functioning to ensure business continuity.
- Create and maintain documentation for software application configurations and internal processes such as how end users would use VPN clients or other utilities.
- Accurately record problems and resolutions in a ticketing system.
- Ability to follow and adhere to policies, procedures and standards relating to systems management.
- Perform routine monitoring and maintenance tasks.
- Perform off-hour change controls.
- Perform basic user account administration (adds, changes, deletes).
- Perform system builds (desktop/laptop/servers).
- Ensure security and protection of data on corporate network devices.
- Identify, remediate, and report on security alerts (viruses, malware, compliance, etc.)
- Assist in software inventory management, and adhere to software licensing compliance.
- Recommend improvements for internal processes.
- Analyze system capacities to meet organizational needs and recommend timely changes to Management.
- In performing the job duties and responsibilities applies working knowledge of:
- Microsoft OS environments including 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 server, Windows 7, 8, and 10.
- Server technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, etc.
- Networking devices including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, VoIP.
- Dell hardware and software including servers, workstations, and SANs.
- Backup systems, procedures, offsite replication, and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Application software including Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- Mobile device management. iOS, Android, and Windows phones.
- Virtualization technologies and concepts (e.g., Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems (preferred)
- 12 month of prior work experience as a Network Administrator
Please submit your resume via the following form:
- Acceptable file types (extensions) are: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, odt, avi, ogg, m4a, mov, mp3, mp4, mpg, wav, and wmv.
- Acceptable file size is 1 MB (1048576 bytes).
Interested in taking your business to the next level? Contact us to learn more.