Browse or search the latest entries of common (and uncommon) errors, fixes and work-arounds we’ve discovered while troubleshooting the wild world of Information Technology!
Search the posts from the handy search bar on the right or dig into the many categories listed just below. Or just read ’em all! That’d be fun.
- Missing Contents of a Mapped Network DriveSo, you have a network with mapped drives applied by a Group Policy but a domain user can only see a couple of the many folders in the mapped location. Weird, right?
- Disk Management vs. Windows ExplorerWhen you make a change to a virtual machine’s hard disk size, you may notice that Windows doesn’t reflect the change.
- The printer driver cannot connect to the network print serverThe error “printer driver cannot connect to the network print server’ can be caused by several different network environment issues; however, many boil down to some driver related problem.
- Remote Desktop DPI ScalingIf you’ve ever connected to a server or workstation from a SurfacePro or high-res laptop, etc. and found the connection too small to see, this could be the fix for you!
- Windows Temporary ProfileYou’ve been signed in with a temporary profile. You can’t access your files, and files created in this profile will be deleted when you sign out. To fix this, sign out and try signing in later. Please see the event log for more details or contact your system administrator.